Other Big 12 Teams
- Nebraska offensive coordinator Danny Langsdorf
- Randy Gregory to enter draft
- What a crazy year for Nebraska Football
- Nebraska and Miami battle it out in Lincoln
- Nebraska rolls past Florida Atlantic
- Three Nebraska Football night games announced
- Statement from athletic director and my quick thoughts
- UCLA embarrasses Nebraska 41-21
- Nebraska survives 37-34 against Wyoming
- I’m ready for some football!
- Thoughts heading into the 2013 season
- It’s Nebraska vs Wisconsin in the Big 10 Championship
- Thoughts on the Huskers season so far
- Big10 releases schedules for 2015 and 2016
- Aaron Green set to transfer from Nebraska
Good news Huskers fans! Spring Football is just around the corner for the Nebraska Cornhuskers and they held their first set of press conferences today in Lincoln. Coach Pelini had quite a bit to talk about today during the press conference. He talked about the quarterback situation, how he expects the defense to play much better this next season, and also mentioned the players that are no longer on the football roster.
We will start with the quarterback situation first. Coach Pelini and players have said that they have the up-most confidence in Zac Lee. Lee however will get equal snaps in Spring practice Pelini said. Nothing is being handed to Lee even though Patrick Witt has left the team. Lee will be going into the practices as he hopes to get the number one spot over Kody Spano, Cody Green and newly moved Latravis Washington.
I’m surprised that Washington moved back to the quarterback position after being recruited to play defense out of high school. I suppose Pelini wanted more depth through Spring practice at the position. I just hope they don’t move Washington back and forth from QB to the defense and he never get settled into one position. It will also be interesting to see what happens once Taylor Martinez comes to campus for the fall semester.
Another thing with the quarterback situation to think about for the future is if Miami transfer Robert Marve decides to come to Nebraska. Marve will be attending the Spring game and Coach Pelini has already said if things fell into place they would accept Marve on the Huskers roster.
The four players that are no longer on the roster are Major Culbert, John Levorson, Justin Rodgers and Austin Stafford.
We plan on having a report after the first practice which is on Wednesday. We welcome all comments and hope to see your comments on the site!