Other Big 12 Teams
- Nebraska rolls past Florida Atlantic
- Three Nebraska Football night games announced
- Statement from athletic director and my quick thoughts
- UCLA embarrasses Nebraska 41-21
- Nebraska survives 37-34 against Wyoming
- I’m ready for some football!
- Thoughts heading into the 2013 season
- It’s Nebraska vs Wisconsin in the Big 10 Championship
- Thoughts on the Huskers season so far
- Big10 releases schedules for 2015 and 2016
- Aaron Green set to transfer from Nebraska
- Nebraska Football to play prime time games
- Must Read From Greg Doyel Regarding Nebraska Basketball Hiring
- 2012 Rule Changes For College Football
- Nebraska adds Idaho State to the 2012 schedule
Hey Husker Fans! It’s been quite a while since we have blogged about the team but now that Spring practices have begun this week we will have few more articles on the blog leading up to the Spring game on April 17th. There really hasn’t been too much news out of Spring practices so far and Coach Pelini is not releasing any information regarding the depth chart. Pelini has basically said that every position is opened and all players will be competing for a starting job.
Here are some notes that we have heard out of practice so far:
- Mike McNeil moved to slot receiver
- QB Battle between Cody Green, Kody Spano, Taylor Martinez and LaTravis Washingon is going on. Expect Green to to be the guy in Spring ball followed by Spano. The coaches do want to get Martinez on the field especially in the wildcat formations.
- Ricky Henry and Zac Lee will both set out Spring practices as they recover from off season surgeries.
- Mike Smith moving from tackle to center. (Says coaches thought he was to light to be playing tackle and could be better used at center)
- Rex Burkhead is now up to 210 lbs and Dontrayevous Robinson is at 235 lbs. Expect both players to see quite a bit of action at the running back position along with Roy Helu.
- Marcus Mendoza asked to be moved to corner back so the coaches have moved him over to the defensive side of the ball.
That’s pretty much it so far as the team is just a few practices into the 15 practices that are allowed. Let’s all hope for a injury free spring and we see some new players really setup on both sides of the ball.
Tickets are still available for the game but they are going fast. As of Monday, the athletic office has sold 60,000 tickets to the game. So act fast and head on over to huskers.com and order yours today.