Other Big 12 Teams
- Nebraska offensive coordinator Danny Langsdorf
- Randy Gregory to enter draft
- What a crazy year for Nebraska Football
- Nebraska and Miami battle it out in Lincoln
- Nebraska rolls past Florida Atlantic
- Three Nebraska Football night games announced
- Statement from athletic director and my quick thoughts
- UCLA embarrasses Nebraska 41-21
- Nebraska survives 37-34 against Wyoming
- I’m ready for some football!
- Thoughts heading into the 2013 season
- It’s Nebraska vs Wisconsin in the Big 10 Championship
- Thoughts on the Huskers season so far
- Big10 releases schedules for 2015 and 2016
- Aaron Green set to transfer from Nebraska
Nebraska has their tight end commitment for the 2011 class. Darien Bryant from Pickerington, Ohio accepted a scholarship offer from the Huskers and became the 19th verbal commitment for the Big Red. While his stats of 18 catches for 248 yards and one touchdown aren’t mind boggling, his 4.5 speed is what should get people excited. Look for Bryant to play similar to current Husker tight end Kyler Reed.
Bryant had a pretty good list of scholarship offers including North Carolina, Illinois, Maryland, Michigan, Michigan State, West Virginia and Hawaii among others. Pretty good get and another player coming to Nebraska from Big10 country.
Welcome aboard Darien!
Nebraska had their chance to play in the Fiesta Bowl but came up short for the second year in a row while playing in the Big 12 Championship in Dallas. Rather than playing in a BCS bowl where you have the entire nation watching, they will be playing in the Holiday Bowl Jan 30th in San Diego. Many feel this is a let down by the Insight bowl committee but the Big Red have no one to blame but themselves as they had control of the Fiesta bowl had they just won on Saturday night.
So why would the Insight bowl committee choose Missouri over Nebraska in this case? Well many around the league think that that Big12 pressured the committee into taking Missouri so it would not be a “Big10″ type of game with Nebraska facing off against Iowa. The Nebraska / Iowa match up had been talked about all week if the Huskers were to lose to Oklahoma. Mark up another victory for the Big12 as they got their way.
It’s really too bad that we have another Nebraska vs Washington match up. This is getting pretty old to be honest and I know of quite a few fans that had planned on attending the bowl game but now are not. They already spent thousands of dollars to travel to Seattle when the two teams faced off earlier in the year and even though San Diego is a great city, they don’t want to spend another couple of thousand to watch the same two teams play once again.
I won’t be attending, but will be watching on tv no doubt about it. I am hoping to see another performance in a bowl game like we seen last year against Arizona. Give Coach Pelini more than a few weeks to prepare for a team and I really like our chances. Let’s give the team our support and end the season on a high note!