Other Big 12 Teams
- Nebraska offensive coordinator Danny Langsdorf
- Randy Gregory to enter draft
- What a crazy year for Nebraska Football
- Nebraska and Miami battle it out in Lincoln
- Nebraska rolls past Florida Atlantic
- Three Nebraska Football night games announced
- Statement from athletic director and my quick thoughts
- UCLA embarrasses Nebraska 41-21
- Nebraska survives 37-34 against Wyoming
- I’m ready for some football!
- Thoughts heading into the 2013 season
- It’s Nebraska vs Wisconsin in the Big 10 Championship
- Thoughts on the Huskers season so far
- Big10 releases schedules for 2015 and 2016
- Aaron Green set to transfer from Nebraska
Well the 2014 Nebraska football season has come to an end. We seen a team and coaching staff go through a roller coaster season that quite a few of us fans thought would happen. In the end things didn’t work out for the coaches, players or us fans. Coaches were fired, new coaches have been hired, players graduated, and some players are moving onto the NFL. Right there is damn near what every division 1 football program goes through.
As I sat at home watching the Holiday Bowl vs USC the other night I was thinking to myself, wow this is the last game of the season. This is the last time we will see Ameer Abdullah and Kenny Bell wear the Nebraska helmet and jersey while playing for the university. It was also the the last game we would see 95% of the coaching staff as only Coach Warren has been retained by new appointed head coach Riley. I was proud of team and the coaching staff as well as I thought they played vs USC. I was predicting a loss of 10 points but the Huskers had a shot at the end to pull off the upset. Props to those players and coaching staff that were at the Holiday Bowl.
Moving forward into the 2015 season we will see a coaching staff come to shape. Coach Riley will have a quite a few of his buddies / ex coaches on the staff. (Please don’t let this end up like Bo and his buddies), on the staff. We will have a fierce quarterback competition going through spring ball and I would expect open competition at every position on both sides of the ball. It’s time for the younger players to step up and I just hope that Coach Riley puts the best player out on the field. I don’t care if you are 5 star recruit or a walk on from Western Nebraska, the best player needs to be on the field.
It will be an interesting time heading forward and I can’t wait for spring ball. I hope to also be blogging more on the site here than I did during the season. Family, work and other things got in the way of keeping the blog active as much as I would have liked. However, the Twitter account is going strong @NebSports.Com so please check us out on Twitter especially if you like football, beer, bourbon and horse racing!