Other Big 12 Teams
- Nebraska offensive coordinator Danny Langsdorf
- Randy Gregory to enter draft
- What a crazy year for Nebraska Football
- Nebraska and Miami battle it out in Lincoln
- Nebraska rolls past Florida Atlantic
- Three Nebraska Football night games announced
- Statement from athletic director and my quick thoughts
- UCLA embarrasses Nebraska 41-21
- Nebraska survives 37-34 against Wyoming
- I’m ready for some football!
- Thoughts heading into the 2013 season
- It’s Nebraska vs Wisconsin in the Big 10 Championship
- Thoughts on the Huskers season so far
- Big10 releases schedules for 2015 and 2016
- Aaron Green set to transfer from Nebraska
It will be Nebraska vs South Carolina in the Capital One Bowl January 2nd in Orlando. The Cornhuskers learned of their opponent Sunday evening even though there was wide speculation for the last week that it would be the Huskers vs GameCocks down in Orlando.
The Capital One bowl is one of the highest paying non-bcs bowls out there so they did very well with their draw. Based off payouts and bowl selection this is probably the Huskers best bowl game since 2001 when they played in the Rose Bowl vs Miami.
South Carolina comes into the Capital One Bowl with a 10-2 record, including a 6-2 mark in the SEC, and is ranked 10th in the AP Poll and No. 9 by the coaches. The Gamecocks’ only losses this season were by three points to defending national champion Auburn and on the road at Arkansas.
The game appears to be a great match up for both teams. Tickets are currently on sale at Huskers.Com as well as the official Capital One Bowl website. Nebraska will be the away team and will be on the west sidelines.