Other Big 12 Teams
- Nebraska offensive coordinator Danny Langsdorf
- Randy Gregory to enter draft
- What a crazy year for Nebraska Football
- Nebraska and Miami battle it out in Lincoln
- Nebraska rolls past Florida Atlantic
- Three Nebraska Football night games announced
- Statement from athletic director and my quick thoughts
- UCLA embarrasses Nebraska 41-21
- Nebraska survives 37-34 against Wyoming
- I’m ready for some football!
- Thoughts heading into the 2013 season
- It’s Nebraska vs Wisconsin in the Big 10 Championship
- Thoughts on the Huskers season so far
- Big10 releases schedules for 2015 and 2016
- Aaron Green set to transfer from Nebraska
Sup Huskers fans? It’s almost time to kick off another football season. The Wyoming Cowboys will travel to Lincoln on Saturday and take on the Cornhuskers in the first game of the 2013 season.
Many fans are thinking oh the “Wyoming Cowboys” we should kill em! Well the Cowboys will bring in an experienced quarterback who can put up some points and I fully expect them to put points on the board in the game. I’m thinking the pokes will put up 21-24 points on the Nebraska defense but that won’t be near enough as the Huskers offense puts up over 40 points and starts off the season 1-0.
I think Taylor Martinez and the experienced offensive line / wide receivers will have no problem scoring points this season. Add in Ameer Abdullah and you have one of the most talented offenses we have seen at Nebraska in a while in my opinion.
Two things that could hurt this team over the season is the defensive line and linebackers. Hopefully the younger guys can step up and fill spots and use their speed to cover up mistakes and poor angles etc. Expect true Freshman Nathan Gerry from South Dakota to be flying around vs Wyoming as he plays in the dime rotation as the Cowboys spread thing out.
Another worrisome is special teams. We just have to see how the kicking game does as Brett Maher is gone and two new kickers are trying to win the job over. Special teams are a big facet of the game, and right now it is a big question for Huskers.
My prediction. Nebraska 48 Wyoming 21
Make sure to follow us on Twitter at @Nebspors for in game tweeting.