Other Big 12 Teams
- Nebraska offensive coordinator Danny Langsdorf
- Randy Gregory to enter draft
- What a crazy year for Nebraska Football
- Nebraska and Miami battle it out in Lincoln
- Nebraska rolls past Florida Atlantic
- Three Nebraska Football night games announced
- Statement from athletic director and my quick thoughts
- UCLA embarrasses Nebraska 41-21
- Nebraska survives 37-34 against Wyoming
- I’m ready for some football!
- Thoughts heading into the 2013 season
- It’s Nebraska vs Wisconsin in the Big 10 Championship
- Thoughts on the Huskers season so far
- Big10 releases schedules for 2015 and 2016
- Aaron Green set to transfer from Nebraska
Good news Husker fans! A couple of conference games as well as a visiting trip to Fresno St. have been announced with game times and the Huskers will be playing under the lights.
The Sept. 13 football game at Fresno State will be televised in prime time on the CBS Sports Network and will kick off at 9:30 p.m. Central time, the Mountain West Conference announced on Thursday. This will be a tough game for the Huskers at night as Fresno St. was 11-2 last season but do lose their stud quarterback in Carr. I am glad for this game time as it won’t have the players playing in as hot of heat in the late afternoon / early evening.
The Sept. 20 game vs Miami in Lincoln has also been delegated as a night game. Kickoff will be slated for 7:00 p.m. Central time. I’ve personally booked my hotel room for this game already and recommend other fans do the same if you plan on staying any where close to downtown. I can’t wait for the Hurricanes to come to down as there will be a lot of talk of the history between the two programs and the Orange bowls etc.
The third game that has been announced so far for a night kick off is when the Huskers travel to Michigan St. on Oct. 4. This will be a true challenge on the road. Any conference game on the road is tough but when you throw in a night game and a raucous crowd, expect some weird things to happen.
The current 2014 schedule and kickoff times as of 4/17/2014 looks like this:
Aug. 30: Florida Atlantic
Sept. 6: McNeese State
Sept. 13: at Fresno State, 9:30 p.m.
Sept. 20: Miami (Fla.), 7 p.m.
Sept. 27: Illinois
Oct. 4: at Michigan State, 7 p.m.
Oct. 11: BYE
Oct. 18: at Northwestern
Oct. 25: Rutgers
Nov. 1: Purdue
Nov. 8: BYE
Nov. 15: at Wisconsin
Nov. 22: Minnesota
Nov. 28 (Fri.): at Iowa
Dec. 6: Big Ten championship game