Other Big 12 Teams
- Nebraska offensive coordinator Danny Langsdorf
- Randy Gregory to enter draft
- What a crazy year for Nebraska Football
- Nebraska and Miami battle it out in Lincoln
- Nebraska rolls past Florida Atlantic
- Three Nebraska Football night games announced
- Statement from athletic director and my quick thoughts
- UCLA embarrasses Nebraska 41-21
- Nebraska survives 37-34 against Wyoming
- I’m ready for some football!
- Thoughts heading into the 2013 season
- It’s Nebraska vs Wisconsin in the Big 10 Championship
- Thoughts on the Huskers season so far
- Big10 releases schedules for 2015 and 2016
- Aaron Green set to transfer from Nebraska
It came down to the last few minutes but Bubba Starling signed with his home town Kansas City Royals last night just minutes before the midnight deadline. Bubba signed for $7.5 million dollars that will be spread out over a three year period. The Royals do have him under contract for six years however.
Kansas City Royals general manager Dayton Moore said the next stop for Starling will be to Arizona where he’ll prepare for instructional ball this fall with other prospects in the Royals system.
Bo Pelini issued this short statement as well: “Everyone associated with our football program at Nebraska wishes Bubba nothing but the best in his future with the Kansas City Royals organization,” Pelini said of Starling. “I know this decision has been very difficult for Bubba and his family, as it would be for anyone in his position. In the end, Bubba was in a win-win situation regardless of his choice, and we respect the decision he has made. “I personally will root for Bubba in every game except when he plays against the Indians!”
While it would have been great to have Bubba choose football, he had a big decision to make and it would be hard for anyone to turn down that much money. We wish Bubba the best with his baseball career.