Other Big 12 Teams
- Nebraska offensive coordinator Danny Langsdorf
- Randy Gregory to enter draft
- What a crazy year for Nebraska Football
- Nebraska and Miami battle it out in Lincoln
- Nebraska rolls past Florida Atlantic
- Three Nebraska Football night games announced
- Statement from athletic director and my quick thoughts
- UCLA embarrasses Nebraska 41-21
- Nebraska survives 37-34 against Wyoming
- I’m ready for some football!
- Thoughts heading into the 2013 season
- It’s Nebraska vs Wisconsin in the Big 10 Championship
- Thoughts on the Huskers season so far
- Big10 releases schedules for 2015 and 2016
- Aaron Green set to transfer from Nebraska
Head coach Bo Pelini told reporters and his players that they would need to win out to make the Big 10 Championship after they suffered a disappointing loss to Ohio State back on October 6th. That is exactly what the Cornhuskers did as they are headed to the Big 10 Championship to face off against Wisconsin with a berth to the Rose Bowl on the line.
The six game win streak sure didn’t come easy as the guys had to come from behind in the 2nd half and barely escape with wins over Michigan State, Penn State and also Northwestern. This team goes into half time behind on the scoreboard but has had the confidence that things will play out for them in the second half and you have to look at the coaching staff for giving the players that confidence. Bo has so much trust in Taylor Martinez at quarterback and that it trickles down through the rest of the team. The offense knows that that the defense is going to get a stop just like the defense knows that the offense is going to score to win the game. It’s a team working together from the coaching staff down through the players.
So how do I see things playing out Saturday night in Indianapolis? With a healthy Rex Burkhead back I see the running game going for around 150 total yards and Taylor Martinez throwing for over 200 yards on the Badger defense. The one concern I have on offense is the starting center position where Justin Jackson will be out.
On defense I’m hoping that Chase Rome can fill in for Baker Steinkuler who will also be out due to injury. Everyone expects to see Monte Ball carry the ball over thirty times so it’s time to load up that box and stop ball from making big plays. I trust the corners to play one-on-one coverage on the outside and win that battle against the Wisconsin quarterback/receivers.
At the end of the game I see Nebraska winning their first Big 10 Championship by the score of 35-21 and Husker fans booking their second trip of the season to Pasadena.